Monday, August 4, 2008

Not Sure What I Have Here

Wow! I am really bad at this whole blogging thing. Probably doesn't help that I am "supposed" to be writing on a friends website. I'm a little better over there, but not much. Turns out that I really don't have that much to say. My life isn't all that interesting. (Side note: check out http://www.mormonblog.com/ to see what else I'm not writing.)

Anyways...

I had an interesting day at church yesterday. I am not a fan of singles wards. I still can't figure out what I was thinking when I transferred my records to the singles ward....oh right, the family ward wasn't working. At least I'm not the only twenty-something anymore.

Sorry, that was a random tangent.

In Sunday School the teacher made a comment that I am still mulling over. He said that every trial and/or hardship will end. It doesn't seem like much, but I was a little offended at first. I'm sorry, but I have physical deformities that will never go away, at least while I am alive. Pain is a part of life.

I've been thinking a lot about what he said, but also about how I reacted. I'm not entirely sure what his thinking was. However, I can see some veins of truth in what he said. First, ultimately this life will end. Secondly, the things that I have suffered have been a blessing. Sounds strange, but it is true. I don't always believe it, especially on bad days. Blessings are often disguised. Sure, there are somethings that I will never be able to do now. But, was I doing them before? No!, I wasn't. There is not point being upset about a non-issue.

Thoughts are still rushing around inside my head. Hopefully I will make sense of it all soon. Until then I apologize for your having to read this. Thanks though, I do appreciate it.

"Oh goodness, look at my wrist! I've got to go."
-Dr. Horrible

No comments: